A Business Development Specialist spends 75-85% their time building relationships with members of the local business community in Allegan, north Berrien and Van Buren counties. The goal is to make those businesses aware of the suite of marketing services Mid-West Family has available to help the business grow both awareness and revenue. This career is about shaking hands, building trust, and transitioning the local business owner to work directly with our Strategy Team.
As the dominant local content producer in the region, we empower you to leverage our powerful and successful brands and influencers to bring measurable marketing results. This career offers a great deal of freedoms while being a part of a company that follows core values focused around serving the community. Mid-West Family provides you with extensive training and resources to support your success. This includes one-on-one and group training with our On-Boarding Specialist, who is here to support your success and lead you toward a path of professional growth.
Prefer experience in sales and marketing, but willing to train and develop new people to the business.
Require: Superior relationships skills, excellent listening skills, computer skills, ability to work alone as well as in a team setting, digital and social acumen required, ability to drive for work, and ability to work remotely without direct oversight.
Prefer: Experience developing and selling marketing ideas and concepts, creative right brain thinking.
- Live near and work out of our South Haven office.
- The ability to build professional and individualized relationships with local business owners.
- The ability to be a self-starter without direct oversight.
- The desire to learn on an on-going basis.
- High problem-solving skills.
- Represent and communicate the Mid-West Family suite of products and services.
- Qualify the wants and needs to the local business owner swiftly.
- Handle all aspects of the relationship with the local business owner.
- Have a high level of business aptitude, and have the capacity to talk about money (either to learn about the business, determine budget, ask for the agreement and collect)
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Valid driver’s license and have reliable transportation to perform work duties.
- Well-groomed and dress professionally.
Additional Info: Mid-West Family SW MI is an equal opportunity employer
Contact Details: Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Read More: Business Development Specialist