What You Need to Know
- The Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) Conference will take place in Barcelona from March 29-31, bringing together more than 900 experts and business leaders from more than 50 countries to discuss shared food safety challenges and find ways to ensure greater action and impact.
- A wide range of speakers across business, policy, academia and the wider food industry will include CEOs and leaders from organizations such as Nestlé, HelloFresh, WHO, Mondelez and the Institute of Food & Science Technology.
- The three-day event — hosted in-person for the first time in two years — will focus on encouraging partnerships across public and private sectors.
PARIS — The Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI), part of The Consumer Goods Forum and one of the world’s largest networks to help achieve safe food for people everywhere, is set to unite food safety experts from around the globe at the GFSI Conference in Barcelona from March 29-31.
According to GFSI, urgent action is needed to meet the needs of a growing global population and address critical challenges in the global food safety chains. The event will focus on advancing food safety best practices, encouraging partnerships across the industry, building trust and transparency with consumers and showcasing leading innovations and technologies set to shape the future of food safety.
Following last year’s virtual conference, GFSI is hosting its landmark event in person for its 21st year. The three-day forum will host more than 900 experts, decision makers and innovators from across the globe to share food safety best practices and encourage ongoing collaboration and impact.
Attendees will hear examples of leadership, ingenuity and innovation, with speakers providing insights to address the common challenge of ensuring safe and sustainable food for consumers around the world, regardless of where they are. Senior leaders from Starbucks, Mondelez, WHO, Nestlé, HelloFresh, IKEA food, Danone and The Kroger Co. are among those speaking and collaborating across the three-day agenda.
After last year’s sustainability target-setting and planning in the run up to the COP26 climate talks and as the 2030 deadline approaches for the Sustainable Development Goals, GFSI is this year calling for greater action and results, under the theme of “Delivering Impact for Safe Sustainable Food.”
“As the world grapples with the challenge of feeding almost 8billion people safely and sustainably, working across boundaries to ensure safe food everywhere has never been more critical,” said Erica Sheward, director of GFSI. “The industry has continued to show brilliant ingenuity, resilience and dedication over the past two years, and the GFSI Conference provides an important opportunity to reflect on all we have learned and to catalyze even greater collective action.
“Everyone has the right to safe, nutritious and nourishing food, and we are committed to making food safety everyone’s business. We are calling on industry leaders from across the whole food sector to join us in March, to reflect together on how we can all go further to benefit consumers, businesses, employees and the planet.”
Sessions and speakers across the three-day program include:
- Food Safety is Everyone’s Business — with the CEO of Mondelez International and the unit head of multisectoral action in food systems from WHO
- GFSI’s Strategic Priorities — with insights from head of quality management at Nestlé, CEO and founder of Auditors Hub and CEO of Exemplar Global
- Deep Dive into Benchmarking — with CEO of Leansafe and head of standards at BRCGS
- Innovation Across the Food Safety Ecosystem — with Janet Cox, director of food safety and compliance at HelloFresh International
- Food Safety Professionals of the Future — with MD at CPA Recruitment, MD at All Food Consulting and the chief executive from the Institute of Food & Science Technology
- Breaking the Silos Between Food Safety and Sustainability — with the general directorate of health and agricultural production at the Spanish Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food (MAPA)
To find out more about the Conference and register to secure your ticket, visit: https://mygfsi.com/events/gfsi-conference/