Wismettac is a Global company committed to transforming the food industry into an accelerator of the
World’s well-being. In North America (NA), we do so by sharing the rich tastes and good health of the
pan-Asian cuisine with foodservice operators and retail stores. We are at an inflection point in our
100-year history, having recognized the need to modernize ourselves and ensure we continue to thrive in
the next several decades to come, while respecting and building upon the company’s history and
Today, Wismettac has expanded beyond just food products. We provide various customers with a
comprehensive range of items, which includes wholesale items, kitchenware, and even some household
products.. With over 7,000 items, we believe that we carry just about every imaginable product in this
Key business stats: Over $1B in sales (leading contributor to global); 22 locations (19 branches); Over 900
Mr. Tiago Garjaka is the President and Chief Executive Officer of Wismettac Asian Foods, joining recently
to lead the company’s growth. He brings extensive experiences in organization transformation and
results, through building performing teams and creating the infrastructure for the business to scale, and
overall, “to get things done”. Bios of the Management team will be available.
The mission of the Business Development Leader is to successfully drive the sourcing and execution of
new ideas/concepts into the organization through close collaboration with our international WBD
(Wismettac Business Development) teams. This will include (i) identification of solutions that could be
exported to Japan; (ii) partnership with startups interested in penetrating the Japanese market; and (iii)
identification of solutions that could be implemented in the local market.
The Business Development Leader will report directly to the Strategy/Transformation Leader. It is also
important to note that this is a brand new position for the company; and, with the overall
responsibilities likely to evolve as we learn more about this area, this is an opportunity to contribute.
PRIMARY ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
● Co-lead WBD’s strategic agenda and help create, refine, and implement our WBD venture strategy
● Perform “whitespace” landscape analysis to figure out potential areas of interest
● Perform “Buy, Build, or Partner” analysis for such areas
● Build and maintain network/pipeline of entrepreneurs, startups, incubators, accelerators and other venture organizations that fit our strategic interests
● Evaluate in-bound investment opportunities through leveraging a data-driven approach
● Actively participate in portfolio management, including board participation and drive implementation of business development agenda
● Structure and manage all aspects of key projects (e.g., definition of objectives, scope,
plans/scorecards, cross-functional engagement, problem solving, documentation,syndication, etc.)
● Drive fact-based decision making across projects. Able to gather both quantitative and qualitative data from a number of different sources
● Work cross-functionally to ensure proper stakeholders are being involved in integration and implementation
● Monitor investment success and cohesiveness with broader organizational operations and goals.
● Work closely with WBD Japan in implementing various forms of business ventures along with working with other division leaders to enhance the value of their portfolio
● Build strong, collaborative partnerships with the business leaders
● Build close relationships with key business leaders
● Take a real interest in learning the business to become a more effective partner
● Venture Experience: The ideal candidate will have at least 1-2 years of venture or strategic partnership experience with a venture capital firm or corporate venture team
● Academy Training: The ideal candidate will have at least 1-2 years of M&A experience atan investment bank or consulting firm
● Entrepreneurial Spirit: The ideal candidate will have start-up or operational experienceand, most importantly, possess an entrepreneurial mindset
● Analytical Rigor: Analytical, methodical and rigorous approach; ability to independentlytake apart complex business issues, perform research and analyses, synthesize conclusions into a value-maximizing business strategy.
● Structured and Logical Thinking: The ability to dissect a problem into an organized approach and quickly form a hypothesis against which to run test analyses as well as the ability to present complex concepts/ideas in concise, easy to understand terms is critical
● Education Credentials: MBA from a top-tier business school or master’s degree preferred
● Positive Behavior
● Mindset and attitude thriving in a transforming, growth environment, in a global organization.
● Ability to take on all size projects and work, and ambition to learn from others with minimal ego, and create an environment for diversity of opportunity, ideas and engagement.
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Organization and time-management, analytical and problem solving skills
● Ability to meet deadlines under pressure
● Appreciation of experience working with multicultural teams/communities and individuals
where English is not the primary language.
● Languages: English. Japanese an added plus
Interested members should e-mail resume to Mark Sadovnick at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention that you are a member of EisnerAmper’s Friends of the Firm program. Make sure to include Job #1762 in the subject line and to copy email@example.com on your email.