As part of its geothermal activities, Belgian research organisation VITO is seeking to hire a Business Developer Geothermal Energy.
Belgium-based research organisation VITO is seeking to fill a position of Business & Relationship Developer for geothermal energy. So do you have experience in geothermal energy and/or geological applications and are looking for a new challenge?
VITO built a full-scale deep geothermal energy plant in Flanders to investigate the viability and feasibility of a large-scale roll out of deep geothermal plants. The Balmatt pilot installation operates as a research infrastructure and living lab for VITO R&D activities as well as being open for other interested parties, such as industry and academia, involved in the development of geothermal energy and heat networks.
During the development and construction of the Balmatt deep geothermal energy plant, VITO built up in-depth knowledge on the entire A to Z of a geothermal project. With this expertise, VITO supports organisations involved in deep geothermal during the various phases of their project.
As a Business & Relationship Developer for geothermal energy and geological applications, you are part of the team of geologists at VITO and you contribute to the realisation of the Flemish and international energy and climate policy.
- You build a network of customers and partners in Flanders and abroad who are involved in the development of geothermal projects.
- You identify opportunities for the valorization of geothermal expertise that was developed during the realization of the Balmatt geothermal project (see Deep geothermal energy | VITO).
- You identify opportunities for the valorisation of VITO’s geological expertise and knowledge in a range of societal applications: underground civil engineering, urban planning, natural resources and soil resources, environment, groundwater, archaeology, …
- You take the lead in preparing offers and proposal in which you work together with a team of experts.
- Based on the market needs, you determine which new innovation processes or product developments have the most potential for successful valorisation.
It is an added value if, based on your (hydro)geological background, you can also provide technical support for modeling tasks in geological and/or geothermal projects.
For further details, such as requirements and the offer see link below.
Source: Vito Job Announcement