Posting is located in Ontario, Canada
The Internal Business Development Manager is responsible for the management, growth, and development of the overall sales for their assigned territory. The role is focused on training and educating travel agents who sell Manulife Travel Insurance products. The objective is to enhance the sales skills of our customer, while remaining professional, flexible, creative, and service-oriented. Offering a unique combination of creativity and analytical skill, with the ability to assess both vantage points, to obtain goals set out by the client and the business. The role also involves the detailed consultation with Travel Agency Owners and Managers about travel insurance business planning and sales growth on a regular basis.
The Internal Business Development Manager works with multiple clients who consume multiple products in a customer-focused organization, while successfully delivering innovative products and services to support our growing travel insurance business. They require the ability to analyze training needs, deliver, and evaluate large and varied training sessions and initiatives, both technical and non-technical. They possess a mixture of business knowledge and aptitude, with presentations and training, must have a great attitude, and be creative and enthusiastic about their craft and career.
- Manage an assigned territory of travel agency owners, managers, and travel agents (Engaged/Top Tier accounts within their designated area) by maintaining and growing the number of agencies selling Manulife in their territory, prospecting new opportunities with non – Manulife supported travel agencies, and conducting detailed discussions with business owners, managers and consultants on how to more effectively sell travel insurance.
- Support and promote specialized training to client and client groups, such as Independent Contractors, through effective training facilitation within a virtual scope environment. Use of multiple, creative, and effective training methods that can be used to motivate and capture the attention of the selling professionals / travel agents facilitate a minimum number of required trainings per client per year, as set out by the assigned National Client Manager Virtually facilitate regular scheduled training sessions, new hire training sessions and launch training sessions, per client, in a one on one, or group environment Ensure quality of service, and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction through the following modes of communication:
- Phone calls
- Face to face training (occasionally)
- Group training (Virtual and occasionally face to face)
- Webinar Trainings
- Attend and participate in bi-weekly Business Development Manager meetings (national and departmental) Proactively and positively handle issues and conflicts in a respectful manner moving towards resolution Ensure the learning environment and resources always support learner’s needs Business Development Manager must maintain a weekly sales log outlining their daily activities and training sessions Key knowledge of licensing requirements within individual Provinces in Canada
- Support delivery of Travel business overall sales plan
- Support National team meetings, conferences, etc. with agenda content and participation
- Participation in partner National and Regional Virtual events/conferences with occasional in-person attendance
- Delivery of partner and customer leading Net Promoter Score (NPS) results
- 3 – 5 years of proven knowledge and experience working with Travel Insurance products
- Solid training and development skills, to seek out problems in a complex environment
- Ability to handle multiple competing tasks with prioritization that may change due to business needs
- Facilitation, presentation, analysis, design, and evaluation skills
- Ability to travel if necessary, for functions in conjunction with an external Business Development Manager
- Proven aptitude and success with large group training initiatives, 2+ years’ experience required
- Knowledge of adult learning principlesPreferred
- Teacher/Trainer of Adults Certificate/ Diploma or equivalent, would be an asset but is not mandatory
- Experience working in a project environment, would be an asset but is not mandatory
- Bilingual (English/French) would be an asset but is not mandatory
- Highly self – motivated, professional, confident, positive individual with strong interpersonal skills
- Commitment to excellence in service
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Proven negotiation and influencing skills
- Proven ability to facilitate, train and coach
- Adaptive/flexible to constant change
- Ability to work from home/use home as office
Every career at Manulife/John Hancock provides the opportunity to learn new skills and move your career forward. Ready to make an impact somewhere? What are you waiting for? Apply today.
Please apply directly via : manulife.wd3.
Application deadline is January 7th, 2022